What is NIR ?
NIR stands for National Insurance Policy Repository (NIR).
The NIR was launched on 16th September 2013. It is a unique database where the policy holder can store all their insurance policies on an online server. These insurance policies can be stored under a single insurance account or an e-insurance account (eIA).
These services are provided to the Indian policy holders free of cost.
Here are a few benefits of having an NIR account:
- One-time claim intimation
- Premium alerts and payment for all insurers
- Single-view of all policies to an authorised person in case of death of the eIA account holder
- One-time Know Your Customer procedure
- Single request contact details updates
- Annual consolidated insurance statements
- Increased number of service touch points
At Profit Fusion India, we assist our clients with opening an e-insurance account and help preserving the insurance policies under a single roof. They can be easily accessible from anywhere across the globe at a single click.